Race Week News
NRW and OHC things to do now!
August 10, 2015
Dear Nantucket Race Week and Opera House Cup participants,
Nantucket Race Week 2015 is off to a great start! We currently have 313 registered entries throughout the nine days of Race Week, and the first three days have had some great competition.
Just a few quick reminders:
- LUNCHES: If you want to order lunches for Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday for pick-up at the Nantucket Yacht Club at 8:30am, the deadline for lunch orders is Tuesday, August 11 at 3:00pm. Lunches may be ordered under the tab for each race at http://www.nantucketraceweek.org/page/nrw/overview_nrw.
- PHOTOS: If you want to be sure to get a great photo of your boat on the water, contact our NRW official photographer in advance, Karen Ryan, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- WEATHER: If you want to check out the weather forecast, our sponsor Weather Routing Inc. has detailed forecasts for Nantucket Race Week at http://www.wriwx.com/clientproduct.php?id=4963 or sign up for their Sea-Weather maps at https://www.seaweather.net/events.php?r=nantucket.
- SOCIAL EVENTS: Many of our social events will sell out, and ticket prices may be higher at the door, so please register in advance at nantucketraceweek.org/page/nrw/eventsactivities_nrw/social. You won't want to miss the Classic Yacht Exhibition on Saturday -- there will be 17 special yachts to visit.
- TEST DRIVES: Our NRW title sponsor PORSCHE is bringing 13 cars to Nantucket for Race Week. This is your chance to sign up for a test drive at www.porschedrivingevent.com/nantucket, passcode: Nantucket15.
- RAFFLES: We have two amazing raffles, with $25 tickets and $100 tickets. You can pick your prize, with items ranging from a PORSCHE bicycle to TRADEWIND AVIATION and BLADE air travel, to your choice of a week of NCS classes for summer 2016. Tickets are available at the NRW Registration Desk at the Nantucket Yacht Club and at all social events. The winning tickets will be drawn at the OHC Awards Party, and winners need not be present.
- MERCHANDISE: There is great NRW and OHC merchandise for sale each day at both the Nantucket Yacht Club and the Great Harbor Yacht Club. Selected merchandise is also available at the Nantucket Clothing Company, 6. S. Water Street.
If you have any questions, please stop by the NRW Registration Desk at the Nantucket Yacht Club. We are there every morning.
Thank you for being part of Nantucket Race Week and supporting Nantucket Community Sailing.